Rini Cesillia, 26, was a Jakarta beauty blogger, and had been staying in Renon, Denpasar while in Bali.
After Cesillia had been in the shower for awhile on Tuesday afternoon, her friend, Maria Istella Bambang, 20, reportedly found her lying on the floor in the bathroom.
When she found her, the blogger had a burn mark on her chest and the shower hose in her hand, Bambang later told police.
Police allege Cesillia was electrocuted the shower but cannot yet confirm their theory without an autopsy.
“We suspect (Cesillia) died from electric shock. The body has been evacuated to Sanglah Hospital. We are waiting for the post-mortem exam to ascertain whether the cause of death was electrocution or not,” South Denpasar Police Criminal Investigation Unit Insp. Bangkit Dananjaya told Tribun Bali.
Before her death, Cesillia had posted several photos of her time in Bali to her Instagram.